Friday, April 18, 2014

Anonymous letter-A prized possession

I don't know the person who wrote this letter. I was in class XI at that time when casually I sent a story to a local Hindi newspaper Sanmarg which was having some story contest. They published it and gave me a prize, but it was only through this letter which came  in response to the story, that I came to know that my story was published. It was only two days after I got this letter, that I received a money order of Rs 250 from the newspaper, that was the prize money.  Since then, (2001) the letter is with me with time its withering so just to preserve it I made it digital. I will ever remain thankful to the author of this letter who took pains to write back, she was pursuing her graduation that time and I was just a 10th pass out (However the newspaper only published my name and address not my age) and its not possible for me to express what I felt when I received this letter. 

0 comments: