Saturday, October 30, 2010

'Need a hug sweetu...'


(This is in continuation with the story..."A date with the girl I loved")
By this time you’ll, must be acclimatized with mine and my Sibby’s nature. I Shekhar, Shekhar Singh a born journalist (yes then I thought so).
A bengali by heart and birth and having origins in Uttar Pradesh. Those days I was yet to be a journalist. I was a student of journalism, and was pursuing masters from Department of Journalism, City College, Amherst street, Kolkata, under the (dis)able guidance of Surendra Nath Bhattacharya (called SB). Why disable would be discussed later.
We were 22 in a class, but for me the class meant Sibbi, Sibbi and Sibbi…From the very first day it could be called love at first sight, trust me it happens. I myself never believed in this dictum of love at first sight but started believing it after I met her. Even the psychological   studies say that it is the first time we see some one when our sub-conscious mind develops a name for that relation, though the materialization of the relation depends upon the further consequences.
Though initially I avoided her, though to be hones I could only avoid her from my physical behavior. The conditions of my inner me were quite contrary sometimes I used to get irritated (even today I get) thinking, why I think about her so much, I think that’s what we call love.
Well, I was m ad after, our first kiss, after I discovered here softness, after I touched her and loved her. I wanted to be with her round the clock.
“Hello, sweetie” I dialed her up in the night.
“Hi, how are you” she sounded fresh.
“Not fine” I poked her.
“Why what happened” She was curious.
“Yar I think I have become diabetic”, I replied.
“What? But how?” she was shocked.
“Yaar you are so sweet, how could I avoid being a diabetic” I was romantically naughty.
She heaved a sigh.
“Yaar do you liked it” I asked.
“Hmm…ya” she replied.
“Why so dilly dallying, don’t you liked it” I spoke carefully.
“Ya did liked it but you were in a hurry”, she confessed.
“Ok I will maintain all my patience next time”, I was dying for the next sweet dose.
“Hey…no next, wext ok; going to sleep bye”, she was sharp to catch what I meant.
“Ok a soft kissie over phone, my sleeping pill baby” I sought.
She gave.
Well being a student, the worst things are assignments, projects bla…bla… and all that stuff. That too being a journalism student (where you believe yourself to be a ‘shot gun’ journalist right from the day you are in and consider the academics to be a futile stuff), the things are really more difficult.
I had and project and it wasn’t academic myself being an ‘extra-charged battery’ I put in all my efforts. For around four to five days I either took dinner or had a lunch, didn’t even talked to her frequently.
At last it was the fifth day my project was at the verge of its completion. I was really sucked up.
Finally I was discussing the finishing points with my teacher in charge of that project.
Phone beeped.
She was with a message.
“You are looking so down”
I read it under the table, escaping the eyes of my teacher in charge.
Really need a hug sweetu” she was again in here style I was overwhelmed my girl knew what I need the most that time.
Speed doubled I finished off all the affairs with my teacher in charge and walked out.
“Are you done with” the phone again blinked.
“Ya, where are you” I asked her.
“Wait coming” She was on the way.
“Chal”, she pulled me.
We headed towards our lift.
As soon as the doors closed, she pressed the button for the top floor.
I was amazed.
“Stop the lift” she ordered.
Then…
She hugged me tightly.
I was getting recharged.
Lift bell was ringing; probably someone must be waiting downstairs and pressing the button.
“Yar it’s ringing” I kissed her soft ears as I spoke.
“Bajne de (Let it ring)” was her reply.
   

1 comments:

Praveen P said...

Hey thats gr8... I loved it nw ancd really would like to havde more of this... u made me feel it.... U rock man..............