Tuesday, December 21, 2010

'Rakeeb'- Your rival in love

'Rakeeb', is a word in urdu which means...'rivals in love'. The literal meaning of this word conveys a very different feeling some what negative. But if experienced it comes out to be altogether a different thing, which could better experienced than expressed.
Faiz Ahmed Faiz in one of his verses said that he loves his Rakeeb because he too is well aware of the beauty, he too is familiar with her fragrance though Faiz's reasons were his own. But if we think logically, better scientifically than when we feel some one  becomes  a known person when, the person takes a considerable time of our thought. Exactly in the case of this Rivarly, we think more of the Rakeeb, this makes us well acquainted with him or her psychologically. At a point of time we are empathetic for him or her also, trust me it happens.
I met a friend one day who came running down to me to discuss something important. "Yaar I got a call from someone, who knew a lot of things about me and he was asking about my ex girlfriends character", he informed in a single breath.
"There's nothing strange in it, now you are not having any relations with her, its ok don't talk to him" I suggested.
He nodded, but said "yaar he was sounding estranged and morose". Silent prevailed.
Most probably my friend was empathetic about him he was relating his own emotions with the unknown caller. He was thoughtful about his own sufferings and visualizing the same with the 'unknown caller'.
Though, in an attempt to protect my friend from entering into a morose zone again, I took his cell phone and put the unknown callers number in blacklist. well this much for today would continue next time....

0 comments: